Flex-on's original innovative hi-tech stirrups designed - and scientifically proven - to help with the rider's position and reduce strain on leg muscles and joints. These have to be tried to be believed... (see below for info on our tester service)...
Flex-on also offer a lower-cost Composite version of these stirrups (see "related products at bottom of page): read "More about Flex-on Stirrups" for an explanation of the differences between the Composite and the Pro (Alu frame) models), and for more information on Flex-on's extensive customisation options.
Why we chose them:
- Ultra-lightweight and streamlined: the strong but lightweight frame (450g) uses hi-tech design and aerospace-derived aluminium.
- Innovative balance: clever offset and skewed stirrup-leather slot in the frame, plus a carefully designed multi-inclination footbed, help create an ideal position for the rider's leg and foot and reduce strain on the rider's leg muscles and joints.
- Shock absorbing: Elastomer shock absorbers supporting the footbed plus flexibility built into the frame help the stirrup absorb shocks and vibration.
- Ultra-grip mixed inclination footbed: small studs in the stirrup's tread grip the boot to ensure excellent stability of ride and connection with the horse.
Note: We are Flex-on's original UK retailer, launching them at Olympia in 2014. We have unrivalled experience with these excellent products, and supply from stock a premium version carefully configured based on that experience. This includes the more expensive mixed inclination "ultra-grip" studded footbeds. In comparing prices don't assume the product offered is the same or is held in stock.
"Having tried them myself, it's clear the designers have developed a stirrup that makes riding more comfortable and gives you a helping hand with your riding position - both pretty valuable results
Alison Lowther, Tried & Tested review in Your Horse Magazine, April 2015 (see product images for full article)
Flexon offer a range of customisation options:
- Frame colours: Pro-Balance stirrups are available in three frame colours: silver (polished aluminium), matt black, and sideral grey (see the third product image). We hold stock for immediate delivery in all three colours.
- Elastomers: There is also a choice of elastomer colours, similar to the composite model - see the fourth product image. Our standard stock is supplied with black elastomers
- Custom inserts: Our stock stirrups are supplied with the standard black inserts provided by Flex-on. As an alternative custom decorative inserts can be ordered to replace those supplied as standard: see "related products" below.
- Footbed options: We supply these stirrups as standard with the "mixed inclination" footbed and ultra-grip studs. If desired we can replace the standard footbed with one without the ultra-grip studs: just request this using the box for special order details when checking out (we recommend this for children and adults under 120lb). We can also special order the stirrups with Flex-on's fully inclined or flat footbeds, but in our experience every UK rider who has tried them so far prefers the mixed inclination type, both for jumping and dressage).
Tester service: In common with many other products we sell, Shadow Horse offers an opportunity to "try before you buy" with tester stirrups that can be ordered to try out for a week or two (the testers are the composite rather than the Pro version but provide a very similar ride. See the "Flex-on testers" product in the Flex-on brand collection
Fitting note: Due to their special asymettric design, these stirrups come with distinct left and right sides, marked "R" and "L" on the frame
Footbed size: 4 ¾"
|More about Flex-on stirrups||More reviews|