Special version of Flex-on's Green Composite stirrups designed specifically for Endurance riding. Based on the same frame designed - and scientifically proven - to provide help with riding position and reduce strain on the leg muscles and joints, but with a deeper, flatter footbed and softer elastomers designed specifically for endurance riding.
The benefits of Flex-on's design have to be experienced to be believed: while we don't offer a tester service specifically for the endurance model, their effect can be clearly seen by trialling the standard Balance version (see note below re. our tester service).
We are Flex-on's original UK retailer, launching them at Olympia in 2014 - we have unrivalled experience with these excellent products.
Why we chose them:
- Lightweight: strong but lightweight frame (450g) uses hi-tech design and polyamide composites with steel core
- Innovative balance: clever offset and skewed stirrup-leather slot, plus carefully designed multi-inclination footbed, help create the ideal position for rider's leg and foot
- Shock absorbing: elastomer shock absorbers supporting the footbed plus flexibility built into the frame help absorb shocks and vibration
- Specially designed Endurance footbed: see product photos
- Colour options: frame and elastomers can be ordered in a variety of colour combinations - e.g. to match your riding colours (see below)
- Optional cage: can be optionally ordered with a cage (see second product image)
Note that as these endurance stirrups are made to the customer's specification, they cannot be returned unless faulty.
"Having tried them myself, it's clear the designers have developed a stirrup that makes riding more comfortable and gives you a helping hand with your riding position - both pretty valuable results"
Alison Lowther, Tried & Tested review of the standard Balance stirrups in Your Horse Magazine, April 2015 (see product images for full article)
- Frame/elastomer colours: These stirrups are available in several frame colours; in addition the rubber elastomers under the footbed can be ordered in a variety of colours to provide a colourful accent (for available colours & examples, see product images) - lead-time is usually 1-3 weeks. When ordering, please specify your required frame and elastomer colours in the box provided for special order details on the basket page when checking out.
- Custom inserts: Endurance stirrups will be supplied as standard with black inserts, with the "-on" element of the logo coloured to link to the elastomer colour. As an alternative to these standard inserts, custom decorative inserts can be ordered as an additional item (see here)
- Optional cage: These stirrups can be ordered with a cage (see second photo) for an extra £13 cost.
Footbed width: 4 ¾"
Due to their special asymmetric design, these stirrups come with distinct left and right sides, marked "R" and "L" on the frame. The frame marked "R" should be on the right foot, with the "R" marking facing the rear.
In common with many other products we sell, Shadow Horse offers an opportunity to "try before you buy" with tester stirrups that can be ordered to try out for a week or two. See the "Flex-on testers" product in the Flex-on brand collection
|More about Flex-on stirrups