The lower-cost composite-based version of Flex-on's innovative hi-tech stirrups, designed - and scientifically proven - to provide help with riding position and reduce strain on the leg muscles and joints. These offer the same amazing ride as the original aluminium-framed model and have to be tried to be believed.. (see note below re. our tester service)
Stocked in black, grey and brown with either flat or inclined footbeds (the mixed type is no longer available) but also available to order with custom coloured frames and/or elastomers (see product photos for stocked colour combinations, plus "customisation options" below for other options ). See also "More about Flex-on Stirrups" for more information on customisation options and an explanation of the differences between the Composite, Pro (Alu frame) and Safe-on models.
Why we chose them:
- Lightweight: strong but lightweight frame (450g) uses hi-tech design and polyamide composites with steel core
- Innovative balance: clever offset and skewed stirrup-leather slot, plus carefully designed multi-inclination footbed, help create the ideal position for rider's leg and foot
- Shock absorbing: Elastomer shock absorbers supporting the footbed plus flexibility built into the frame help absorb shocks and vibration
- Ultra-grip footbed: small studs embedded in the stirrup tread grip the boot to ensure excellent stability of ride and connection with the horse, without damaging boots.
- Colour options: can be ordered in a variety of colour combinations - e.g. to match your riding colours (see below)
We are Flex-on's original UK retailer, launching them at Olympia in 2014. We have unrivalled experience with these excellent products. We strongly encourage you to consult us when choosing between these and Flex-on's other stirrup models, as well as when choosing customisation options such as footbed types - our aim is to ensure you get the right product and configuration for your needs. We also offer our tester service which also allows you to try out different models and/or footbed types before committing.
Alison Lowther, Tried & Tested review in Your Horse Magazine, April 2015 (see product images for full article)
Flex-on offer a wide range of customisation options:
- Frame/elastomer colours: These stirrups are available in several frame colours; in addition the rubber elastomers under the footbed can be ordered in a variety of colours to provide a colourful accent (for available colours & examples, see product images). We hold in stock for immediate delivery dark grey, matt black and brown frames (all pictured), each with matching elastomers. Any other colour combination can be requested as a special order - lead-time is usually 1-3 weeks. To order, choose the "Custom" colour option and specify your required frame and elastomer colours in the box provided for special order details on the basket page when checking out.
- Custom inserts: Our stock grey, black and brown stirrups and any custom order stirrups are supplied with Flex-on's standard black inserts, with the "-on" element of the logo coloured to link to the elastomer colour. As an alternative to these standard inserts, custom decorative inserts can be ordered as an additional item (see "related products" below), and are easy to swap over.
- Footbed options: We can supply these stirrups with Flex-on's flat or inclined footbeds (the mixed inclination type is no longer available). Flex-on recommend the flat type for dressage and general riding, and the inclined for jumping. We have testers available in both footbed types: if leaning toward inclined, we would strongly recommend trying out a pair via our tester service before purchasing, as we have found that with the UK's different riding style some UK customers do not get on with them. As standard both come with ultra-grip metal studs for extra grip, but we can supply studless footbeds, and we recommend this for children and adults under 120lb (55kg)
- Footbed surround colour : The footbeds described above are always black. The surround that the footbed is set into can be black or light grey composite on the Balance stirrups. Our standard stock Balance stirrups come with black surrounds for black frames, light grey for dark grey and brown frames. Please specify the surround colour for custom orders
Ordering custom options: Choose the "custom" option for any special order requirements - eg any frame and/or elastomer colours other than our standard stocked black, dark grey or brown frame with matching elastomers, or non-studded footbeds. Please specify your special requirements in the box provided for special order details at checkout. Lead-times are typically 1-3 weeks
If wanting non-standard decorative inserts, please order the separate custom insert product as an additional item and specify the insert style wanted in the special order details box.
Footbed size: 4 ¾"
Due to their special asymmetric design, these stirrups come with distinct left and right sides, marked "R" and "L" on the frame
In common with many other products we sell, Shadow Horse offers an opportunity to "try before you buy" with tester stirrups that can be ordered to try out for a week or two. See the "Flex-on testers" product in the Flex-on brand collection
|More about Flex-on stirrups||More reviews|