The lower-cost composite-based version of Flex-on's innovative hi-tech stirrups, designed - and scientifically proven - to provide help with riding position and reduce strain on the leg muscles and joints. These offer the same amazing ride as the original aluminium-framed model and have to be tried to be believed.. (see note below re. our tester service)
Stocked in black, grey and brown but also available with custom coloured frames and/or elastomers! (see product photos & "customisation options" below). See also "More about Flex-on Stirrups" for more information on customisation options and an explanation of the differences between the Composite and the Pro (Alu frame) models.
Why we chose them:
- Lightweight: strong but lightweight frame (450g) uses hi-tech design and polyamide composites with steel core
- Innovative balance: clever offset and skewed stirrup-leather slot, plus carefully designed multi-inclination footbed, help create the ideal position for rider's leg and foot
- Shock absorbing: Elastomer shock absorbers supporting the footbed plus flexibility built into the frame help absorb shocks and vibration
- Ultra-grip mixed inclination footbed: small studs embedded in the stirrup tread grip the boot to ensure excellent stability of ride and connection with the horse, without damaging boots.
- Colour options: can be ordered in a variety of colour combinations - e.g. to match your riding colours (see below)
Note: We are Flex-on's original UK retailer, launching them at Olympia in 2014. We have unrivalled experience with these excellent products, and our standard colours are supplied from stock in a premium version carefully configured based on that experience. This includes the more expensive mixed inclination "ultra-grip" studded footbeds, and custom "Carbone" decorative inserts. In comparing prices, don't assume the product offered elsewhere is the same or is held in stock.
"Having tried them myself, it's clear the designers have developed a stirrup that makes riding more comfortable and gives you a helping hand with your riding position - both pretty valuable results"
Alison Lowther, Tried & Tested review in Your Horse Magazine, April 2015 (see product images for full article)
Flex-on offer a wide range of customisation options:
- Frame/elastomer colours: These stirrups are available in several frame colours; in addition the rubber elastomers under the footbed can be ordered in a variety of colours to provide a colourful accent (for available colours & examples, see product images). We hold in stock for immediate delivery dark grey (pictured), matt black and brown frames each with matching elastomers. For the black framed version we offer two stocked options - one with a grey footbed surround as per the dark grey and brown stock items, and one with a black footbed surround that some riders find smarter. Any other colour combination can be requested as a special order - lead-time is usually 1-3 weeks. To order, choose the "Custom" colour option and specify your required frame and elastomer colours in the box provided for special order details on the basket page when checking out.
- Elastomer hardness: Unlike the Alu frame models that offer a choice of medium or hard elastomers, the composite models come with a standard elastomer which is part-way between the medium & hard of the Alus, towards the harder end.
- Custom inserts: Our stock grey, black and brown stirrups are supplied as standard with "Carbone" inserts as shown in the main photo (this is an upgrade on the black inserts normally supplied as standard through other outlets). Any custom order stirrups will be supplied with Flex-on's standard black inserts, with the "-on" element of the logo coloured to link to the elastomer colour. As an alternative to these standard inserts, custom decorative inserts can be ordered as an additional item (see "related products" below)
- Footbed options: We supply these stirrups as standard with the "mixed inclination" footbed and ultra-grip studs. If desired we can replace the standard footbed with one without the ultra-grip studs (we recommend this for children and adults under 120lb). We can also special order the stirrups with Flex-on's fully inclined or flat footbeds, but we caution that everyone who has tried them so far prefers the mixed inclination type, both for jumping or dressage.
- Footbed surround colour : The footbeds described above are always black. Traditionally these have been set into a light grey composite platform on the Balance stirrups, but Flex-on now offer the option of specifying with a black or white surround. Our standard stock Balance stirrups come with light grey surrounds, except for the version with black frame & elastomers where we now offer a version with a black footbed surround. Unless otherwise specified custom orders will also be supplied with light grey surrounds.
Ordering custom options: Choose the "custom" option for any special order requirements - ie any frame and/or elastomer colours other than our standard black, dark grey or brown frame with matching elastomers, or any footbed type other than our standard mixed ultra-grip type. Please specify your special requirements in the box provided for special order details at checkout. If wanting non-standard inserts, please order the separate custom insert product as an additional item and specify the insert style wanted in the special order details box.
Footbed size: 4 ¾"
Due to their special asymmetric design, these stirrups come with distinct left and right sides, marked "R" and "L" on the frame
In common with many other products we sell, Shadow Horse offers an opportunity to "try before you buy" with tester stirrups that can be ordered to try out for a week or two. See the "Flex-on testers" product in the Flex-on brand collection
|More about Flex-on stirrups||More reviews|