New safety stirrup version of Flex-on's famous stirrups, designed to release on the side in the event of a serious fall, and then be screwed back together using a supplied Allen key. Based on the same design as other Flex-on stirrups scientifically proven to provide help with riding position and reduce strain on the leg muscles and joints. These have to be tried to be believed.. (see note below re. our tester service)
Stocked in the most popular all-black colour scheme (black frame, elastomers & footbed) but also available to order in any of a number of frame, elastomer and footbed colours (see product photos & "customisation options" below). See also "More about Flex-on Stirrups" for more information on customisation options.
Why we chose them:
- Lightweight: strong but lightweight frame uses hi-tech design and polyamide composites with steel core
- Innovative balance: clever offset and skewed stirrup-leather slot, plus carefully designed multi-inclination footbed, help create the ideal position for rider's leg and foot
- Shock absorbing: Elastomer shock absorbers supporting the footbed plus flexibility built into the frame help absorb shocks and vibration
- Ultra-grip mixed inclination footbed: small studs embedded in the stirrup tread grip the boot to ensure excellent stability of ride and connection with the horse, without damaging boots.
- Colour options: can be ordered in a variety of colour combinations - e.g. to match your riding colours (see below)
Note: As with any "Safety" stirrup, no absolute guarantee can be given that the stirrup will release when necessary under all circumstances, nor that it will not release during normal riding if put under extreme strain.
We are Flex-on's original UK retailer, launching them at Olympia in 2014. We have unrivalled experience with these excellent products. We strongly encourage you to consult us when choosing between these and Flex-on's other stirrup models, as well as when choosing customisation options such as footbed types - our aim is to ensure you get the right product and configuration for your needs. Our tester service also allows you to try out different models and/or footbed types before committing.
"Having tried them myself, it's clear the designers have developed a stirrup that makes riding more comfortable and gives you a helping hand with your riding position - both pretty valuable results"
Alison Lowther, Tried & Tested review in Your Horse Magazine, April 2015 (see product images for full article)
Flex-on offer a wide range of customisation options:
- Frame/elastomer colours: These stirrups are available in several frame colours; in addition the rubber elastomers under the footbed can be ordered in a variety of colours to provide a colourful accent (for available colours & examples, see product images). Any colour combination can be requested as a special order - lead-time is usually 1-3 weeks. To order, choose the "Custom" colour option and specify your required frame and elastomer colours in the box provided for special order details on the basket page when checking out.
- Custom inserts: All Flex-on stirrups are supplied with Flex-on's standard black inserts, with the "-on" element of the logo coloured to link to the elastomer colour. As an alternative to these standard inserts, custom decorative inserts can be ordered as an additional item (see "related products" below), and are easy to swap over.
- Footbed options: We supply these stirrups as standard with the "mixed inclination" footbed and ultra-grip studs. If desired we can replace the standard footbed with one without the ultra-grip studs, or with the alternative "inclined" footbeds, with or without studs - just choose the "custom' option and indicate your footbed preference in the "Special order details" box at checkout. We can also special order the stirrups with Flex-on's fully inclined or flat footbeds, but we caution that everyone who has tried them so far prefers the mixed inclination type, both for jumping or dressage.
- Footbed surround colour : The footbeds described above are always black. Traditionally these have been set into a light grey composite platform, but Flex-on now offer the option of specifying with a black or white surround. Our standard stock Balance stirrups come with light grey surrounds, except for the version with black frame & elastomers where we also offer a version with a black footbed surround. Unless otherwise specified custom orders will be supplied with light grey surrounds.
Ordering custom options: Choose the "custom" option for any special order requirements - ie any frame and/or elastomer colours other than our standard black, or any footbed type other than our standard mixed ultra-grip type. Please specify your special requirements in the box provided for special order details at checkout.
If wanting non-standard decorative inserts, please order the separate custom insert product as an additional item and specify the insert style wanted in the special order details box.
Footbed size: 4 ¾"
Due to their special asymmetric design, these stirrups come with distinct left and right sides, marked "R" and "L" on the frame
In common with many other products we sell, Shadow Horse offers an opportunity to "try before you buy" with tester stirrups that can be ordered to try out for a week or two. See the "Flex-on testers" product in the Flex-on brand collection
|More about Flex-on stirrups||More reviews|