New safety stirrup version of Flex-on's famous stirrups, designed to release on the side in the event of a serious fall, and then be screwed back together. Based on the same design as other Flex-on stirrups scientifically proven to provide help with riding position and reduce strain on the leg muscles and joints. These have to be tried to be believed.. (see note below re. our tester service)
Normally stocked in the popular "All black" colour, but also available to custom order in any of a number of frame & elastomer colours (see product photos & "customisation options" below). See also "More about Flex-on Stirrups" for more information on customisation options.
Note: Unfortunately due to Covid issues at Flex-on's supplier of Safe-on frames, they are unable to supply them at present. We have therefore disabled ordering. Flex-on's currently projected "back in-stock" is late summer.
Why we chose them:
- Lightweight: strong but lightweight frame uses hi-tech design and polyamide composites with steel core
- Innovative balance: clever offset and skewed stirrup-leather slot, plus carefully designed multi-inclination footbed, help create the ideal position for rider's leg and foot
- Shock absorbing: Elastomer shock absorbers supporting the footbed plus flexibility built into the frame help absorb shocks and vibration
- Ultra-grip footbed: small studs embedded in the stirrup tread grip the boot to ensure excellent stability of ride and connection with the horse, without damaging boots.
- Colour options: can be ordered in a variety of colour combinations - e.g. to match your riding colours (see below)
Note: As with any "Safety" stirrup, no absolute guarantee can be given that the stirrup will release when necessary under all circumstances, nor that it will not release during normal riding if put under extreme strain.
We are Flex-on's original UK retailer, launching them at Olympia in 2014. We have unrivalled experience with these excellent products. We strongly encourage you to consult us when choosing between these and Flex-on's other stirrup models, as well as when choosing customisation options such as footbed types - our aim is to ensure you get the right product and configuration for your needs. Our tester service also allows you to try out different models and/or footbed types before committing.
"Having tried them myself, it's clear the designers have developed a stirrup that makes riding more comfortable and gives you a helping hand with your riding position - both pretty valuable results"
Alison Lowther, Tried & Tested review in Your Horse Magazine, April 2015 (see product images for full article)
Flex-on offer a wide range of customisation options:
- Frame/elastomer colours: These stirrups are available in several frame colours; in addition the rubber elastomers under the footbed can be ordered in a variety of colours to provide a colourful accent (for available colours & examples, see product images). Any colour combination can be requested as a special order - lead-time is usually 1-3 weeks. To order, choose the "Custom" colour option and specify your required frame and elastomer colours in the box provided for special order details on the basket page when checking out.
- Custom inserts: All Flex-on stirrups are supplied with Flex-on's standard black inserts, with the "-on" element of the logo coloured to link to the elastomer colour. As an alternative to these standard inserts, custom decorative inserts can be ordered as an additional item (see "related products" below), and are easy to swap over.
Footbed surround colour : The footbeds described above are always black. The surround that the footbed is set into can be black or light grey composite on the Balance stirrups. Our "All black" stock stirrups come with black surrounds, please specify the surround colour for custom orders
Ordering custom options: Choose the "custom" option for any special order requirements - eg any frame and/or elastomer colours other than our standard black, or for studless footbeds. Please specify your special requirements in the box provided for special order details at checkout. Lead-times are typically 1-3 weeks
If wanting non-standard decorative inserts, please order the separate custom insert product as an additional item and specify the insert style wanted in the special order details box
Footbed size: 4 ¾"
Due to their special asymmetric design, these stirrups come with distinct left and right sides, marked "R" and "L" on the frame. The frame marked "R" should be on the right foot, with the "R" marking facing the rear.
In common with many other products we sell, Shadow Horse offers an opportunity to "try before you buy" with tester stirrups that can be ordered to try out for a week or two. See the "Flex-on testers" product in the Flex-on brand collection
|More about Flex-on stirrups||More reviews|